Sunday, January 6, 2013

R.Lynn Designs

I got to say, I am very excited about the start of my year. First off, it just feels like its gonna be a good one. I have no justification for it, it just does. Secondly, I have a lot of motivation right now so I am trying to capitalize on it. Especially since motivation comes and goes like a pregnant woman's mood swings. (I have plenty of experience with those. Sigh*) My pet project at the start of this year is sewing. I sew all year long and I have officially/unofficially had my own sewing business for years. In the past I have focused on things like alterations and repairs but I HATE alterations more than I hate the dentist. Especially on clothes purchased at the store. This year I have decided to no longer offer alterations. Plus, I have finally narrowed in on exactly what I want to focus on sewing wise. I love, LOVE making formal gowns and children's clothes. Its a perfect fit for me cause its what I spend the majority of my time doing when I am not doing alterations and repairs. Given all of this I have set some goals for myself this year. Allow me to lay them out for you...

  • Finally put the effort into setting up and running my business. (Including websites and social media) No more excuses. I'm good at what I do so I'm gonna do it. It's as simple as that. 
  • Open up an Etsy account to begin selling my formal dresses and children's clothes. 
  • Actually make the dresses to sell on Etsy. lol. (That's an important one)
  • Market, market, market. (I love marketing, it's part of what I do at my day job so those skills are gonna come in real handy)
  • Share my sewing knowledge and skills with others on this blog through videos and tutorials.

Its a simple enough list but I think its a great start. A lot of the stuff is already set up like my website and facebook page but those need some fine tuning. My biggest problem is feeling confident enough to move forward with things. But I know I am good at this and its what I want to do. That's not going to happen if I don't just do it. One of the things I want people to know me for besides quality is the type of materials I use. I want to make wedding gowns that are upcycled and use natural, organic fabrics for anything I am not using upcycled fabrics on. I can't begin to describe how excited I am right now. I feel like I am on track to move forward and I am really, really looking forward to it. Here's to 2013. May your year be as fulfilling as I hope mine will be. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment