Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Couples Fitness Challenge



So for anyone who doesn't know my husband and I personally, we are really competitive with one another. Most of the time it's in good ways, some times it's bad. (Like the fact that we bet on pretty much every single presidential election...yeah...we're those kind of people.) It's always in good fun though which I think is important and we never get upset about losing to one another. (Unless it's scrabble...neither one of us EVER wants to lose at scrabble.)

How I look losing at Scrabble...lol



Anyways...

Competition runs in our veins. Now this would be nice if we could harness it for something useful. 10+ years of marriage and that hasn't happened yet. Rewind to last night...we're setting in the front room and I make my all too frequent comment that I'm going to get up early and work out in the morning. Without missing a beat William scoffs at me and chuckles. Okay...so I say this a lot and never actually do it...so sue me.

I may have been feeling a little mischievous (with a capital M) when I turned to him and said "Oh yeah...why don't we have a competition..." and so it begins. After much deliberation about rules and dates and guidelines and such...and of course getting input from our facebook friends (who are probably shaking their collective heads at us right now) we finally settled on our latest game.

On July 1st 2014 (our 11 year wedding anniversary...YAY! We're still alive...lmao!) we will post "after" pictures of ourselves on Facebook. This will happen whether or not any change has occurred (so if we don't do any work we are up for some embarrassment). The catch is that we will be wearing a swimming suit that the other one picks for us. Can you say YIKES!!! I've already vetoed William's first choice. We do get some say after all.

I guess the good part about this is 1) we are putting our competitive energies to good use (my pictures are going to be way better than his...lol) 2) we are doing something fun together as a couple and 3) we are being held accountable for working out and staying healthy to a larger audience. My hope is that this will be a positive experience for both of us.

Now if only I could find a way to get up early and work out...


Rachel B.

No comments:

Post a Comment