Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas Bazaar

Well...its that time of year again...Christmas. Wow, that snuck up on me fast. A couple months ago I had signed up to do a Christmas Bazaar. Mind you, I have never done one before. My main purpose for doing it was to promote my new business, Raelyn Jack Studios. (Visit my Etsy page here.) My goal as a wedding gown designer was to have a sample dress made and ready to go to have on display. But displaying a dress would be just about the lamest table ever so I had to think of something to actually do while I was there besides take up space. What did I finally decide on? Gift wrapping!!! Gift wrapping is about the only thing I do well at Christmas time so I figured why not.

Because I live in a rather small community I bought enough supplies to be able to wrap about 50 gifts. I thought this would be an appropriate amount until I asked the chamber of commerce how many people the usually get through the event...6-700 people!!! Yikes...I know not everyone is going to want things wrapped but man did I under plan. After my shock wore off I started to get really excited about it all. I'm going to wrap gifts, sell my hand made salt dough ornaments, gingerbread cookies and sugar cookies. The event is this Saturday so needless to say I have a lot of work left to do. You may be seeing a lot of posts from me in the near future as I plan to take pictures of each of the different processes and then post them on here for others to do. Also, in the near future 2 Birds will have our own etsy shop selling handmade crafting goodies and children's wear! Check back for more updates...


Happy crafting,

Rachel B.

No comments:

Post a Comment