Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Happenings for the New Year!!!

Well it's almost completely official. By the end of next week, the hubby and I should be the proud owners of a small but lovely plot of land on the island of Hawaii!!! We are purchasing the property in full and plan to move there within the next few months. At this point it looks like I will be going over first and he and the boys will follow a couple of months afterwards. The hope is that I can secure a job and get the ball rolling on our house building plans before they get there.

To say I am excited is an understatement. This year is going to be our crazy adventure year!! The only thing I will have at my disposal when I land on the ground will be a plot of land, a tent, and a set of house plans that we have designed ourselves. The rational part of my brain that shuns adventure of any kind is constantly tisking and shaking its finger at the animalistic part of my brain which is always chomping at the bit to do something amazing. Am I scared at all...oh yeah! But not so much in a bad way. There are a lot of people who have told me we are crazy to be doing this and there are those who have just fallen short of begging me to take them along.

The hope for this whole adventure is to hit reset. William and I have been stuck in a rut for too long. After talking it through I think we have both come to the realization that we are never going to go after what we want here. We need to shake things up and to move on. The compromise in all of this is he gets Hawaii, the place where he was born and feels called back to, and I get my off grid paradise. I will do my best to blog about this adventure so that if others want to set out to capture their own dreams they can look to see where we have succeeded and failed and hopefully learn from us. Do I expect there to be bumps? Yes. Absolutely. But I'm an obsessive planner so plans A through Z will be mapped out in full before I even step foot onto the plane. But what's life without the occasional ups and downs. Once the sale is final I will share what limited pictures I have and begin the task of detailing our map for the future. And thanks to my amazing husband, the house plans already rock...

Here's to adventure, good or bad, better or worse! Everyone should have at least one crazy thing happen in their lifetime that they can look back upon and tell the grandkids about. Life is too short to be so boring....


Adventure awaits...

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Aww...Come on Jamie. You know you will love it when you get to come visit us...

    ReplyDelete